All professionals at Applegarth Dermatology PC maintain the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in the medical field. Read on to learn more about our staff's experience and training.
William Applegarth, MD
Applegarth Dermatology PC
- Michigan City Rogers High School – 1982
- Indiana University – Bachelor of Science in Microbiology – 1986
- Indiana University School of Medicine – 1990
- Methodist Hospital, Indianapolis, IN – Internal Medicine – 1993
- Wright State University, Dayton, OH – Dermatology – 1998
Outside of work, Dr. Applegarth enjoys gardening, racquetball, and travel. He is an avid runner. He is married with two children. He resides in LaPorte.
Raymond Keener, FNP-BC
Practicing in Valparaiso, IN & LaPorte, IN
- Monroe High School, Monroe, WI -1988
- KP Schule ZKH Reinkenheide, Bremerhaven, Germany - Associate of Nursing 1997
- Chamberlain University, Addison, IL - Bachelor of Science in Nursing - 2017
- Chamberlain University, Addison, IL - Master of Science in Nursing 2020
Ray is a US Army veteran who served in combat during Desert Shield/Storm. He was previously a surgical nurse and nurse educator for nearly 20 years before beginning his endeavors in Dermatology under the tutelage of Dr. Applegarth. Ray is a father to a daughter and son. He spends his free time on adventures with his children. He is an avid kayaker, grill master, and Star Wars fan. Ray resides in LaPorte County.
Alex Porucznik, P.A.-C
Alex Porucznik is a nationally certified Physician Assistant. Alex grew up locally in Valparaiso, Indiana, and was a patient of the practice back when he was in high school. He attended Indiana University where he received his Master of Science in Physician Assistant studies, but is a Boilermaker at heart after completing his undergraduate studies at Purdue University. While at Indiana University, Alex was inducted into Pi Alpha (PA Honor Society) and was a recipient of IUPUI’s Elite 50 award. He is an active member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) and Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants (SDPA). He continues to practice with the mentoring of Dr. Applegarth. Alex enjoys spending his free time being outdoors, swimming, and golfing. Alex resides in Valparaiso with his wife.