All professionals at Applegarth Dermatology PC maintain the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in the medical field. Read on to learn more about our staff's experience and training.
William Applegarth, MD
Dermatologist practicing in Valparaiso, IN & La Porte, IN
Applegarth Dermatology PC
- Michigan City Rogers High School – 1982
- Indiana University – Bachelor of Science in Microbiology – 1986
- Indiana University School of Medicine – 1990
- Methodist Hospital, Indianapolis, IN – Internal Medicine – 1993
- Wright State University, Dayton, OH – Dermatology – 1998
Outside of work, Dr. Applegarth enjoys gardening, racquetball, and travel. He is an avid runner. He is married with two children. He resides in LaPorte.
Tricia Burkins, NP
Practicing in Valparaiso, IN & Laporte, IN
• New Prairie High School 1994
• Ball State University– Associate of Science in Nursing – 1999
•Indiana University South Bend - Bachelors of Science in Nursing- 2014
• Ball State University – Master of Science in Nursing – 2018
Tricia worked as a critical care nurse in the hospital for over 15 years prior to becoming a Nurse Practitioner. She is married with 3 sons and 2 stepsons. Her hobbies include bird watching, crocheting, singing, and puzzles. She enjoys spending time with her family, attending church, and relaxing on the weekends. Tricia grew up and still resides in LaPorte County.
Raymond Keener, FNP-BC
Practicing in Valparaiso, IN & LaPorte, IN
• Monroe High School, Monroe, WI -1988
• KP Schule ZKH Reinkenheide, Bremerhaven, Germany - Associate of Nursing 1997
• Chamberlain University, Addison, IL - Bachelor of Science in Nursing - 2017
• Chamberlain University, Addison, IL - Master of Science in Nursing 2020
Ray is a US Army veteran who served in combat during Desert Shield/Storm. He was previously a surgical nurse and nurse educator for nearly 20 years before beginning his endeavors in Dermatology under the tutelage of Dr. Applegarth.
Ray is a father to a daughter and son. He spends his free time on adventures with his children. He is an avid kayaker, grill master, and Star Wars fan. Ray resides in LaPorte County.
Katherine Jerge, P.A.-C
Practicing in Valparaiso, IN
• Bishop Noll Institute, Hammond, IN -2015
• Valparaiso University, Bachelor of Health Sciences 2018
• Valparaiso University, Master of Science in Physician Assistant-2020
Katherine Jerge is a nationally certified Physician Assistant. Katherine grew up locally in Munster, Indiana. Her interest in medicine started at a young age. After struggling with her own dermatologic conditions, Katherine wanted to provide the same care and attention to her own patients. She graduated from Valparaiso University summa cum laude with a 4.0 She continued her education at Valparaiso University where she received her Master of Science in Physician Assistant graduating with the Highest Distinction. While in her master's program, Katherine dedicated her elective courses toward the dermatology field. She continues to be mentored and taught under Dr. Applegarth. She is currently an active member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) and Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants (SDPA). Katherine enjoys spending her free time traveling, going to the city, playing the piano, and hanging out with her friends and family.